Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Superheroes in Print

       
          When considering the magazine on Magcloud, I decided I absolutely needed to reshoot my models. I shot my newer photos with diversity in mind and I feel like the flow is much better now, versus my original Flickr set. I also noticed the Magcloud set has taken on a new, deeper meaning. I have paired the images in the Magcloud set, rather than the former presentation of the unwatched followed by the public surveillance identity. My creative process was most definitely influenced by using the magazine as a venue. Personally, I feel as though the flow in the magazine makes every two images a singular entity, or perhaps a comparison. Overall, the magazine still contains my original concept, which was very important to me when considering sequence. For the future, I have been searching for more models to add, which will take the project to an even higher level. I will utilize more settings and more superhero logos to convey my concept. By having more models, the overarching idea of public versus private identity will come across more clearly, rather than having just the three models.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your new set of photos. I think having a comparison within each 2 pages of the magazine will be really cool to see. I agree that the photos flow much better now than they did before. They seem much more cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your new models, I feel it will add a little more flow to your magazine, especially now that as you put it it "makes every two images a singular entity" and it still conveys what you were meaning to convey, while helping provide the contrast that Flickr just wasn't allowing you to do. Also love the front and back covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your front page and back page work very well to strengthen your theme. The combination of a regular scene with the super hero title creates curiosity in the viewer. The placement of pictures throughout the book is well planned. The back cover also leaves the viewer smiling, as it seems as if the individual is about to leap into the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover implies daydreaming. The pairings then begin to feel like a daydream too. That while the rituals of daily routines flow on, there is a private world at play that is not necessarily public. Your photos do make public a sense of a rich inner life and that is a compelling statement.

    ReplyDelete